Share of global GHG emissionsBased on data from Climate Watch (CAIT 2018), developed and maintained by the World Resources Institute.
Climate Vulnerability Index rankingA higher number means a higher vulnerability to climate change. Based on the ND-GAIN Index (2019), developed by the University of Notre Dame.
Human Development Index rankingA lower number means a better human development score. Based on the Human Development Index (2020), developed by UNDP.
Unconditional emissions reduction target by 2030
(compared to business as usual)The highest emissions reduction target, conditional or unconditional, included in the country’s latest NDC.
Albania submitted its revised NDC in October 2021.
Key highlights from the NDC
- Albania committed to an unconditional emissions reduction target of 20.9% by 2030 compared to business as usual.
- This is an increase compared to the first NDC which aimed to reduce emissions by 11.5% by 2030 compared to 2016 levels.
- The country also strengthened measures and policies in mitigation sectors and expanded the scope and coverage of key sectors and gases.
- The revised NDC also includes a significant list of adaptation actions and their co-benefits.
Adaptation and resilience areas in the NDC
- Agriculture, forestry, and other land use
The Climate Promise is being delivered in collaboration with key partners. Thanks to our partners in Albania:
January 19, 2022
In 2021, twelve countries in the Europe and Central Asia region submitted more ambitious climate pledges with support from Climate Promise.
Albania's revised NDC includes mitigation and adaptation measures in new sectors.