Share of global GHG emissionsBased on data from Climate Watch (CAIT 2019), developed and maintained by the World Resources Institute.
Climate Vulnerability Index rankingA higher number means a higher vulnerability to climate change. Based on the ND-GAIN Index (2020), developed by the University of Notre Dame.
Human Development Index rankingA lower number means a better human development score. Based on the Human Development Index (2021), developed by UNDP.
Conditional emissions reduction target by 2030
(compared to business as usual)The highest emissions reduction target, conditional or unconditional, included in the country’s latest NDC.
Mongolia submitted its revised NDC in October 2020.
Key highlights from the NDC
- Mongolia enhanced its mitigation ambition with a conditional emissions reduction target of 27.2% by 2030 compared to business as usual.
- The country also set an unconditional emission reduction target of 22.7% by 2030 compared to business as usual.
- In addition, an optional component on forestry was included that would push total greenhouse gas emissions reduction to 44.9% by 2030.
- The revised NDC also increased sectoral coverage in agriculture, waste and some industrial sectors.
- The NDC targets are aligned with the national development strategy and policy framework.
Adaptation and resilience areas in the NDC
The Climate Promise is being delivered in collaboration with key partners. Thanks to our partners in Mongolia:
November 18, 2022
Through its national climate plans, the country is aiming to cut emissions and adapt to climate change, for a greener future.