Share of global GHG emissionsExtracted from the CAIT Climate Data Explorer (2019), developed and maintained by the World Resources Institute.
Climate Vulnerability Index rankingA higher number means a higher vulnerability to climate change. Based on the ND-GAIN Index (2020), developed by the University of Notre Dame.
Human Development Index rankingA lower number means a better human development score. Based on the Human Development Index (2021), developed by UNDP.
Bolivia submitted its second NDC in April 2022.
Key highlights from the NDC
- Bolivia’s updated NDC includes non-greenhouse gas (GHG) mitigation and adaptation targets and actions focusing on water, energy, forests and agriculture sectors. It establishes a total of 31 specific targets to be achieved by 2030.
- The update does not include a GHG emission reduction target, which will be included in the country's first Biennial Transparency Report.
- For the water sector, the objective is to comprehensively increase the country's adaptive capacity and systematically reduce the country's water vulnerability.
- On energy, the country aims to increase electricity generation capacity through renewable energies for local and regional development.
- On forests, Bolivia plans to increase the capacity for mitigation and adaptation through the sustainable management of forests.
- In the agricultural sector, the country has set the intention to serve vulnerable groups, by increasing production and yields, while reducing risks and increasing the resilience of production systems.
Adaptation and resilience areas in the NDC
The Climate Promise is being delivered in collaboration with key partners. Thanks to our partners in Bolivia:
February 21, 2023
Latest PublicationsSee all
The Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) region is considered a “biodiversity superpower,” with one of the greatest endowments of natural capital in…