Share of global GHG emissionsExtracted from the CAIT Climate Data Explorer (2019), developed and maintained by the World Resources Institute.
Climate Vulnerability Index rankingA higher number means a higher vulnerability to climate change. Based on the ND-GAIN Index (2020), developed by the University of Notre Dame.
Human Development Index rankingA lower number means a better human development score. Based on the Human Development Index (2021), developed by UNDP.
Antigua and Barbuda submitted its revised NDC in September 2021.
Key highlights from the NDC
- Antigua and Barbuda updated the 2015 INDC, maintaining previously communicated targets not met and updating some targets to reflect more ambition.
- The revised NDC includes a mitigation target of 86% renewable energy generation from local resources in the electricity sector by 2030 and 100% of new vehicle sales to be electric vehicles by 2030.
- It also explores the mitigation targets from the waste and the Agriculture, Forestry and Other Land Use (AFOLU) sectors.
- Most of the targets are conditional on support.
- The country commits to carrying out Measurement, Reporting and Verification on adaptation actions and to reviewing the National Adaptation Plan every five years.
Adaptation and resilience areas in the NDC
- Community infrastructure
- Food Security
- Housing and settlements
The Climate Promise is being delivered in collaboration with key partners. Thanks to our partners in Antigua and Barbuda:
November 17, 2022
Latest UpdatesSee all
As climate impacts intensify, four small island nations are exploring powerful climate solutions.
To avert catastrophe, we must switch to a sustainable, net-zero future. This transition has to happen in a fair and inclusive way.
Five countries in Latin America and the Caribbean submitted more ambitious climate pledges in 2021 with the support of Climate Promise.
Latest PublicationsSee all
This snapshot explores the NDC submissions, ambition, and progress made by Small Island Developing States.