Share of global GHG emissionsBased on data from Climate Watch (CAIT 2019), developed and maintained by the World Resources Institute.
Climate Vulnerability Index rankingA higher number means a higher vulnerability to climate change. Based on the ND-GAIN Index (2020), developed by the University of Notre Dame.
Human Development Index rankingA lower number means a better human development score. Based on the Human Development Index (2021), developed by UNDP.
Conditional emissions reduction target by 2030
(compared to business as usual)The highest emissions reduction target, conditional or unconditional, included in the country’s latest NDC.
Morocco submitted its revised NDC in June 2021.
Key highlights from the NDC
- Morocco increased both its conditional and unconditional emissions reduction targets in the revised NDC.
- The unconditional target is now set to 18.3% reduction by 2030 compared to business as usual.
- The conditional target has been increased to 45.5% reduction by 2030 compared to business as usual.
- The adaptation component in the NDC has also been expanded with more actions to address climate risks.
- Morocco has set up an online measurement, reporting, verification (MRV) platform dedicated to monitoring the implementation of the NDC.
Adaptation and resilience areas in the NDC
- Coastal zones
November 17, 2022
Latest UpdatesSee all
As the converging forces of climate change and conflict are reshaping development in the region, climate security has moved up the political agenda.
We spoke to Kishan Khoday, Regional Team Leader – Nature, Climate and Energy, about strategic priorities for countries in the region.