Share of global GHG emissionsBased on data from Climate Watch (CAIT 2019), developed and maintained by the World Resources Institute.
Climate Vulnerability Index rankingA higher number means a higher vulnerability to climate change. Based on the ND-GAIN Index (2020), developed by the University of Notre Dame.
Human Development Index rankingA lower number means a better human development score. Based on the Human Development Index (2021), developed by UNDP.
Conditional emissions reduction target by 2030
(compared to business as usual)The highest emissions reduction target, conditional or unconditional, included in the country’s latest NDC.
Cambodia submitted its revised NDC in December 2020.
Key highlights from the NDC
- Cambodia increased mitigation ambition with an emissions reduction target of 41.7% by 2030 compared to business as usual.
- The revised NDC includes new mitigation targets in the agricultural and waste sectors, as well as more detailed actions in key sub-sectors, such as energy efficiency.
- The country set an ambitious target to halve the deforestation rate by 2030, in line with the REDD+ strategy.
- Adaptation remains a top priority for Cambodia, and adaptation measures have been strengthened.
- The revised NDC has been produced with an extensive consultation process and pays particular attention to gender equality issues and vulnerable groups.
Adaptation and resilience areas in the NDC
- Coastal zones
The Climate Promise is being delivered in collaboration with key partners. Thanks to our partners in Cambodia:
November 18, 2022
Latest UpdatesSee all
The implementation of Cambodia’s NDC will require an estimated US$ 7.8 billion by 2030.
Latest PublicationsSee all
This report features 19 countries where central, regional, and local governments have come together to work towards a national climate strategy.