Share of global GHG emissionsBased on data from Climate Watch (CAIT 2019), developed and maintained by the World Resources Institute.
Climate Vulnerability Index rankingA higher number means a higher vulnerability to climate change. Based on the ND-GAIN Index (2020), developed by the University of Notre Dame.
Human Development Index rankingA lower number means a better human development score. Based on the Human Development Index (2021), developed by UNDP.
Unconditional emissions reduction target per unit of GDP by 2030
(compared to 2010 levels)The highest emissions reduction target, conditional or unconditional, included in the country’s latest NDC.
The Republic of Uzbekistan submitted its revised NDC in October 2021.
Key highlights from the NDC
- The Republic of Uzbekistan set a target of reducing specific greenhouse gas emissions per unit of GDP by 35% below 2010 levels by 2030.
- This is an increase compared to the first NDC which included a target of 10%.
- The revised NDC also strengthens adaptation measures, particularly in agriculture.
- The country is also working to align its NDC with its Strategy for Transition to Green Economy by 2030.
Adaptation and resilience areas in the NDC
- Biodiversity and ecosystems
- Coastal zones
- Disaster risk management
The Climate Promise is being delivered in collaboration with key partners. Thanks to our partners in Uzbekistan:
January 25, 2023
Latest UpdatesSee all
Learn how 3 countries are tackling the water crisis and supporting their national climate pledges.
From local activism to the halls of science, women in Europe and Central Asia are making a big difference on climate action.
Latest PublicationsSee all
A progress report on the Japan-funded project being implemented in 23 countries and territories under the Climate Promise initiative.