Share of global GHG emissionsBased on data from Climate Watch (CAIT 2018), developed and maintained by the World Resources Institute.
Climate Vulnerability Index rankingA higher number means a higher vulnerability to climate change. Based on the ND-GAIN Index (2019), developed by the University of Notre Dame.
Human Development Index rankingA lower number means a better human development score. Based on the Human Development Index (2020), developed by UNDP.
Conditional emissions reduction target by 2030
(compared to business as usual)The highest emissions reduction target, conditional or unconditional, included in the country’s latest NDC.
Tanzania submitted its updated NDC in July 2021.
Key highlights from the NDC
- Developed in a consultative manner, Tanzania's updated NDC raised its 2030 economy-wide emissions reduction target ranges for 2030 from 10-20% to 30-35%, with a focus on addressing the energy, transport, forestry, and waste sectors.
- The NDC also identified priority adaptation actions for this decade, from access to clean water, sustainable livelihoods and climate-smart rural electrification.
- The updated NDC references to the National Adaptation Plan (NAP) being elaborated. Tanzania has also developed its NDC implementation plan.
Adaptation and resilience areas in the NDC
- Coastal, Marine Environment and Fisheries
- Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene
- Land Use and Human Settlements Development
- Disaster Risk Reduction
- Gender Mainstreaming
- Capacity Building
- Research and Systematic Observation
- Technology Development and Transfer
April 1, 2022
Latest UpdatesSee all
29 countries in the Africa region submitted more ambitious climate pledges in 2021 with support from Climate Promise.