Share of global GHG emissionsBased on data from Climate Watch (CAIT 2019), developed and maintained by the World Resources Institute.
Climate Vulnerability Index rankingA higher number means a higher vulnerability to climate change. Based on the ND-GAIN Index (2020), developed by the University of Notre Dame.
Human Development Index rankingA lower number means a better human development score. Based on the Human Development Index (2021), developed by UNDP.
Conditional emissions reduction target by 2030
(compared to business as usual)The highest emissions reduction target, conditional or unconditional, included in the country’s latest NDC.
Kyrgyz Republic submitted its revised NDC in October 2021.
Key highlights from the NDC
- Kyrgyz Republic committed to conditional emissions reduction targets of 36.61% by 2025 and 43.62% by 2030 compared to business as usual.
- The country also set unconditional emissions reduction targets of 16.63% by 2025 and by 15.97% by 2030 compared to business as usual.
- The revised NDC lists adaptation measures by sector, with qualitative targets to be achieved by 2025.
- It is expected that the adaptation part of the NDC will be revised in 2025, for the 2026-2030 period.
Adaptation and resilience areas in the NDC
- Forestry and biodiversity
- Disaster risk management
The Climate Promise is being delivered in collaboration with key partners. Thanks to our partners in Kyrgyz Republic:
November 17, 2022
In 2021, twelve countries in the Europe and Central Asia region submitted more ambitious climate pledges with support from Climate Promise.
Kyrgyzstan’s updated NDC pledges to aim for greater reduction in greenhouse gas emissions if it receives international support.