A workshop on “Building the business case for Climate and SDG Action in Uganda” was held from 18-19 June 2019, gathering over 90 participants from the private sector, various Government ministries, development partners, media, and civil society. Organized under the NDC Support Programme, the workshop was hosted by partners the UN Development Programme (UNDP), Private Sector Foundation Uganda (PSFU) and Ministry of Water and Environment’s Climate Change Department.
The workshop invited private sector companies to join interactive discussions on the latest knowledge, progress and remaining gaps on:
- Understanding climate risks in Uganda
- Business opportunities in Uganda’s NDC
- Accessing climate financing
- Supportive tools - SDG/NDC Impact Tool
- Capacity building and partnerships